Tuesday, March 28, 2017

http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-03-28

Wally has a system that works for him. When a system works, it seems wise. When the system involves Wally it's either about coffee or laziness.
I've taken to a systems approach where I don't try to have goals. I try to be the best at being myself and to seize each day as best as my bipolar disorder allows me until my carpal tunnel makes me to take life slow again.
I have found long ago that I don't like making plans... I get bent out of shape when my plans don't go as I hope. To avoid the treadmill of disappointment, I avoid making plans. I try to ride life in the moment like a reality surfer. I know change happens, so I adapt to it when it happens rather than change without cause. Why break something that works fine?
Sure I have vague ideas about how to go about my day, but I allow my environment to dictate 90% of my day. I got married to a planning type of person who is content with status quo on many fronts. I'm status quo on the daily stuff but am ambitious about vague stuff in the future, like saving for retirement.
When I had my accident on vacation, I stayed sane by shrugging it off and doing the best I could given the circumstance. I hadn't made the vacation plans, so I wasn't breaking my plans by being late from the delay and such.
My system has room for improvement, but it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment