Sunday, January 1, 2017

http://dilbert.com/strip/2017-01-01

I'm not a  Dilbert fan. I don't hate him or anything, I just never followed his existence beyond the last few months and the various subscriptions I had to the Dayton Daily News. I remember a News Radio episode with Matthew being obsessed, so I never felt the need to get too involved since Matthew was a loser, or at least Andy Dick played him. I'm looking to have a hobby in 2017, and studying the work of Scott Adams seems to be a worthwhile endeavour. Today's Dilbert seems odd to me because it seems like PHB has Mr. Burns qualities. I always thought he was an idiot that somehow got to be boss by dumb luck. I know nothing about Catbert beyond he's not a pet.
Catbert: The one called Dilbert is showing signs of happiness at work. Boss: That means we can give him more work and he won't quit. Excellent. Is anyone else exhibiting signs of unauthorized happiness? Catbert: No. Everyone else is in the narrow band of misery you want them to be in. If they were any happier, it would mean you're overpaying them. If they were any less happy, the would take their own lives. If you don't hear any laughing or screaming, it means you're doing something right. Boss: What about moans? Catbert: Moans are ideal. That's the sweet spot.
Read more: http://dilbert.com/#ixzz4UZWcsYMW

No comments:

Post a Comment