Monday, January 9, 2017

OCD and Creativity

Not sure what made Scott consider OCD and Creativity, but it is a change from recent topics. I don't suffer from OCD, at least I don't think I do. I have my quirks. I have my mild obsessions, but I don't feel compelled to do much of anything. I have a brain defect of some sort which makes having a mild obsession a good thing. I have generalized indifference 97% of the time. I supposedly have bipolar disorder, but it's of the variety that I have never been hospitalized and that I'm not compulsive. I'm prone to depression and to anxiety. Obsessing gives me a channel to concentrate that keeps the two at bay. I'm medicated, too. Probably the main reason I'm meh about most things is due to my medication. I've a thyroid condition which probably causes my mood swings, hence I'm skeptically of my diagnosis. I used to self medicate with alcohol and nicotine, but now I can't smoke or drink because of the meds I'm taking. I drink lots of coffee. I rarely have trouble sleeping, so I can drink coffee all day.
Prior to my diagnosis and subsequent medications, I was mildly creative. There are times I consider my medications as a restrictor plate, but I just assume not go there when I know my wife would kill me if I were to do such a silly thing as go off my meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment